God told Adam and Eve (the first man and woman) that they could eat of any of the trees of the garden except the tree of knowledge of good and evil. God said that the very day that they ate of that tree that they would die. The serpent, the Devil, deceived Eve and she ate of the forbidden tree and also gave some fruit to Adam and he also at of it. That day Adam and Eve died on the inside (in their spirit). Genesis 2:16-3:6.
They had been "SNAKE BITTEN" ... and the result was spiritual death.
However Moses prayed unto the LORD for the people and the Lord said, "Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live."
Moses obeyed, and every person that was bitten was given life when they looked at the brazen serpent. Numbers 21:4-9.
"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law (being death),
being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is everyone
that hangeth on a tree." Galatians 3:13.
"Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin: so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." Romans 5:12.
1. No one has done right before God. Romans 3:10.
2. We all have fallen short of God's glory. Romans 3:23.
3. The penalty for sin is death on the inside.
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is
life through Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23.
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and THE LIFE, no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6.
YOU MAY LOOK UPON JESUS AND LIVE BY SINCERELY PRAYING:
1. I confess to you Jesus that I have sinned.
2. I realize that the penalty for sin is death (on the inside).
3. I believe that you, Jesus, died for all my sin and arose the third day.
4. Therefore, I give my life to you, Jesus,
trusting in what you did for me on the cross and now receive your
eternal life. Amen.